Welcome

So I have finally decided to join the world of blogging.....Thanks Melissa :-) . I figured this would be a great way to keep my friends and family up to date on what's going on with me as well as another hobby to add to my list. This page is still a work in progress but I hope you enjoy!!!!



Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaack.....Part 2

I know I know....it's been quite a while since I've blogged and I really have no good excuse.  It just seems like time gets the best of me.  But it's a new week and new start :-)

Friday I met my "special someone" at Stoney River for their happy hour.  I highly recommend it.  They have great appetizer and drink specials.  After hanging out there for a couple of hours we went to visit my parents.  Even though I was stuffed, I couldn't pass up on eating some of the delicious crab legs my mom made. 
After watching the Fab 5 special with my Dad we decided to stop by Brewhouse South to see a couple of friends.  We agreed to stay for an hour but that turned into three but it was worth it.  We had a great time hanging with friends, watching basketball and playing trivia.  I must admit, I was pretty good :)
Saturday was such a rainy day that I didn't feel like doing much of anything.  I pampered myself with a manicure and hung out with the family again.  In the evening, I went to my "specials" house for their monthly family dinner.  Saturday night, I was in the bed by 9:30 pm.   I haven't done that in a long long long time but it felt great!!!!

Even though it was winter like weather out on Sunday, me and the "special" decided to grill some steaks. I invited my Uncle to come over and my mom, dad, brother and niece stopped by as well.  It was a great family day with yummy food....steaks, baked potatoes, salad, rolls, and of course....SMORES.  My niece loved it.  It was a busy day and we didn't settle down until 7ish, but it was worth it.  There is nothing like spending time with family and friends. 


Now back to the work week.......is it Friday yet??

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Smores are the business. My Grandpa and I make them in the microwave for dessert sometimes. It's not the same, but it works during a Wisconsin winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura....I just got a fire pit a couple of months ago and I've been using any excuse that I can to light it up. The thing is, I only eat one and then I'm done.

    ReplyDelete