Welcome

So I have finally decided to join the world of blogging.....Thanks Melissa :-) . I figured this would be a great way to keep my friends and family up to date on what's going on with me as well as another hobby to add to my list. This page is still a work in progress but I hope you enjoy!!!!



Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

Wow......what an amazing end of last year and an amazing beginning to this year.  The past two weeks have been super hectic with hanging out with family and friends for the holidays.  I ended up being able to take a couple of days of vacation last week so the only day I had to go into the office was on Wednesday.  I thought I was going to be able to catch up on some long overdue household chores but that didn't happen. :(

New Year's Eve was spent taking down my Christmas decorations ......It's always so much more fun putting them up than taking them down.  After that, it was time to get ready for the 7:00 church service with my roommate before we head out to a couple of NYE gatherings.  I had a blast hanging out with Nashville's Melrose (check out the pics on her blog) and I was a little sad I couldn't stay longer but I had already committed to another party.  

New Year's day was filled with lots of resting (I stayed up until 4:30am that day......yikes!!!)  and good eating....thanks Mom.  

So as I thought about what I wanted my resolutions to be for the upcoming year the only thing that came to my mind was getting back in shape and what better way to start that than training for a marathon.  After talking with Melissa that got my mind running (no pun intended) and I've decided to join her in the Zoo Run Run later this month.  I'm so excited about my first run and what better way to start my training than with these.....
Hopefully this will be the beginning of many more runs to come.  Tomorrow starts Day 1 of training......  Please send a quick pray up for me and I'll keep you posted on my progress.  


1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm so excited you are running in the Zoo Run Run with me! I can't wait! AND, I love the new shoes! =)

    ReplyDelete