Welcome

So I have finally decided to join the world of blogging.....Thanks Melissa :-) . I figured this would be a great way to keep my friends and family up to date on what's going on with me as well as another hobby to add to my list. This page is still a work in progress but I hope you enjoy!!!!



Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Well it's almost Monday and once again the weekend has flown by.  On Friday I went to my cousins high school football game and it was perfect weather.  A nice chilly 60 degree night......good thing I brought a blanket.  On Saturday I managed to sleep in until 8:00 so I stayed in the bed and watched a little tv before heading to Franklin to meet with a bride that I'm helping with her wedding later this month.  After that, I went to spend some father/daughter time at my parents house.  My dad and I watched a little of the Ryder Cup and then we watched the back of our eyelids for a while....lol. Later in the evening I went over to my friends house to work on programs for her wedding on the 10th.  We had an assembly line going and it didn't take as long as we thought.
Sunday was FOOTBALL DAY (I had to keep track of all the scores for my Fantasy Football team) so after church I managed to lay around until 6:00 doing absolutely nothing but watching football.  And even though the person I'm playing against this week still has 3 more games to play, I believe I'm victorious this week YES!!!!!   After watching the games I decided to try out a new recipe for dinner.  Since I don't like spicy things I tweaked the recipe to my taste but it was really good and quick.  See recipe and pictures below.
Now just a few more hours until the work week begins so I'm going to enjoy watching my Sunday night shows and head to bed. Have a good night!!!!




Cajun Tilapia Pasta

Ingredients:
8 Tilapia Fillets
Box Ziti Pasta
Heavy Whipping Cream1 pint small carton
Three Roma Tomatoes, diced
Flour
Olive Oil
Bag of Fresh Spinach
Lemon Juice- add to taste
Jalapeno Pepper- optional but we like it
3 Garlic Cloves, Finely Diced
3 tablespoons of butter

Instructions:
1. Melt butter in a bowl and add diced garlic
2. Coat the tilapia filets in the butter/garlic mix then lightly coat in flour. Fry in Olive Oil till brown
3. Cook pasta in boiling water in separate pot
4. After cooking tilapia, combine Tilapia in very large pan with whipping cream, tomatoes, spinach, jalapeno, remaining butter/garlic mix, and lemon juice
4. Tilapia will break in small pieces as you combine, but that’s no problem
5. It’s important to season to desired taste because the whipping cream is rather bland. I would recommend sea salt and pepper to desired taste.

Noodles
Tilapia, cream, spinach, tomatoes, garlic simmering



Finished product...yum yum







1 comment: